Monday, September 7, 2009

Logo Motion Design

During year 1999-2002 I did several Logo motion design for many Thai film production companies. Some still operate some are already closed down. Here are some examples.

I designed and made this logo motion for "Film Bangkok" in year 1999. Under concept of "War of movie" because in year 1999 Thai Film was started to be well known in global market and "Grand and elegant" were used as the mood-tone". I used Thai old style of drama puppet dance called "Nung-Yai" as an execution. Filmed "Nung-Yai" then tele-cined it to digital form then added effects and motion of the logo are process of its production. It was one of the first logo motion I had done for a film company.



I designed and made this logo motion for "Sahamongkol Film International" in year 2000. With concept of "Mystery of Thai Art" and "Grand & Mystery" for mood and tone, I executed it out with thai sculpture on a giant wall plus some mirage effects and motion to the logo. Photshop is my main software to make the whole picture of the giant wall. A little work in 3D software to create the logo look nice and add more dimension then animated and add effects in After Effects was the final process to made it happen. This one is a very distinctive work that I have ever done.


In 2003 Film Hansa was a new Thai film company in a hand of a great thai director. We are so excited to work for him. This logo motion was so much fun to work with. I designed the concept "Spirit of Thai Film" by using the silhouette value of 3 kids from the logo to tell a story with in 15 sec. animation form. Reflection of thai environment in the foreground make us see a bit of environment and get a sense of thai village around the kids. I use mostly 3D animation as a main software then composited them with glow effects to add more dimension to it.


After I finished Sahamongkol Film logo, I had a chance to design this one. Mongkol Major is the subsidiary of Sahamongkol FIlm. It was totally different story from the mother company. The company was new and modern. Packed with fresh and innovative people. So I came up with "Reflected Image" as a concept and also "Sharp and Crystal clear" for mood and tone. It took me only 3 weeks to got it done.

Hope that you can see the thinking processes and how I implement them in to the final works.





No comments:

Post a Comment